The Lower Salford Township Park Board is encouraging residents and organizations to participate in our Adopt-A-Garden Program to help beautify the Lower Salford Township Park System. Participation is available to any township resident or organization that is interested in planting and caring for a designated garden. The purchase and planting of the flowers, watering and weeding will be the responsibility of the individual or organization. The township will provide mulch. The township will acknowledge your participation in the township's newsletter and on this page of our website. To participate in the program, please contact Mary West, Assistant Township Manager, at 215-256-8087
(extension 208) for an application. To print a copy of the application and guidelines, click here.
• Robert Clemens Bucher Park (Bucher Park Sign on School Lane)
• Robert Clemens Bucher Park (Bergandino Garden at Basketball Courts)
• Robert Clemens Bucher Park (Gardens along Park Avenue)
• Dan Roth Park (at bikepath near pavilion)
• Dan Roth Park (at Gazebo)
• Heckler Plains Farmstead (at Pavilion)
• Alvin C. Alderfer Park (at Alderfer Monument and parking lot garden)
• Alvin C. Alderfer Park (Sign on Oak Drive)
• Ted Dannerth Monument (Broad Street)
• Charles L. Reed Memorial Park (Sign at entrance)
• The Welcome Sign (East end of Township)
• The Welcome Sign (West end of Township)
Your participation in Adopt-A-Garden will be graciously acknowledged in the Township Newsletter and on the Lower Salford Township website!
The Township would like to thank the following individuals and groups for participating in Adopt A Garden:
The Welcome to Harleysville Sign - The Lower Salford Township Park Board
The Heckler Plains Farmstead Sign - Barry & Eileen Swartz
The Alvin C. Alderfer Park flower beds - Harleysville Soccer Association
The Bergandino Garden at Bucher Park - Harleysville Boy Scout Troop 91
Camp Wawa Park Garden - Richard C. Mast Associates (RCMA)
Roth Park Gazebo Area - Thelma & Al Brinson
Behmerwald Nursery in Schwenksville has generously offered to provide plants at wholesale prices to this year's participants.
~The Park Board would like to encourage anyone who is interested in participating in Adopt-A-Garden or the Sponsorship Program (to donate a bench or tree in Township parkland) to contact Mary West at the Township Office: 215-256-8087.